This week, we sat down together as a class and came up with a set of rules and guidelines for making our classroom a fun, safe place to learn and grow. At first, our list of rules was HUGE (we could barely fit them all on one piece of chart paper!) but after going over our rules, we realized we used a lot of the word "no" in there. After discussing what we should do rather than what we shouldn't, we came up with a much simpler list of rules that everyone agreed would be pretty easy to follow:
- Take care of yourself and your belongings.
- Be respectful with your words and your body.
- Be respectful of other people’s words. Listen when a speaker is talking.
- Always try your very best.
- Respect our school and other people’s belongings
- Treat others the way YOU would like to be treated!
These rules will make all of us happy giraffes!